Each meal meets USDA guidelines for ALL nutrients, including Vitamins A & C, iron, fiber, and calcium, which are important for children's health and reducing the risk for chronic health problems.
- There are NO deep fryers used in BPS kitchens; all products are baked.
- Our menu items DO NOT contain trans-fats or high fructose corn syrup.
- Over 99% of our menu items do not contain artificial colors or dyes.
- A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables are offered at EVERY lunch. Encourage your kids to choose these items often!
- All grain products, i.e. breads, buns, dinner rolls, garlic toast, bread sticks, and cereals, are made with whole grain products.
- The pizza crust contains whole grains and is made with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat pepperoni.
- The corn dog is actually a ‘lower-fat chicken dog' in a whole grain crust.
- The hot dog is all beef, low-sodium, and served on a whole grain bun.
- The Trix yogurt does not contain artificial dyes and is colored with turmeric and vegetable juice.
- Baked beans, black beans, and green peas, excellent fiber sources, are served often.
- Reduced-fat salad dressings are offered for vegetable dips and salads.
*BPS students who eat meals at school will likely consume more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and dairy products throughout the day!